Letters from Bob, Vol. 7 (excerpts)

It snowed sideways today. Hard. Seriously the worst snowstorm I've been in (the worst I'd seen before was 15 below in Virginia) and it's SEPTEMBER. And yet, all was made well by the fact that, as per usual, and without a bit of the bumbling awkwardness that I always encounter the first day of a cold season when I find myself yet again the marshmallow man, I was cheered and chased off the school premises at sunset by a crowd of Mongolian children, all crying nearly unintelligible "good bye"s, "see you tomorrow"s, and for some reason "hello my name is"s. There is never a shortage of feel-good positive reinforcement when in Peace Corps. The key is dealing with your eyelashes freezing together halfway home, glued shut by the tears that the biting wind is drawing from your inadvertent eyes.
Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:45 AM

0 adventure points:

Post a Comment