Letters from Bob, Vol. 6 (excerpts)

Yes, probably 90% of the alcohol here is shitty vodka, but in my little local aimag we get some pretty good Korean beer imports. They're all light, lagerish asahi and kirin knockoffs, but beer is beer, and they're certainly drinkable. There are also two really good Mongolian beers that are extremely difficult to find, called Har Horum and Altan Gobi. Last night I had all of the people in the province over to my apartment and I taught them "touch the cup." It was ridiculous.

On the plus side, it is evident that where beer is concerned, I have not lost most of my tolerance. The Mongolians, nonetheless, are able to get me shitty drunk on shitty vodka. Oh well, part of the grand cultural exchange, I guess.
Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 10:40 PM

0 adventure points:

Post a Comment