Mutton & Angel Wings

The plus side to having more mutton than you imagined you could eat shoved at you each day is that you can be working 16-18 hours a day (I get dinner here after midnight and have class at 9 each morning,) get pumped full of vaccines, and be living in conditions that we shall say fall well below American standards of hygiene (it doesn’t bother me at all any more) and you can still rebound with a 4 hour nap. The down side is the bathroom visits.

I heard the AOL login dial tone coming out of a ger today. I watched the Victoria’s Secret fashion show with the entire host family. I had to explain the angel wings. I’m not sure that I understand American culture myself. They all knew the words to that terrible “Yeah yeah yeah yeah” “Hookay!” song that was so popular a few years ago. I weep for them.

0 adventure points:

Post a Comment